Here is a link to more information about groups on the Moodle Site:
Why use Groups?
- You teach more than one class on a particular course and you want to be able to see one class at a time
- To share courses with staff and not see their student’s work.
Creating a Group
- Log into Moodle
- Click on the course you want
- In Settings
- Scroll down until you see the Administration block
- Click: Users > Groups
- Click: Create group
- Name the Group and click: Save changes
8. Click on the Group you have created
9. Click: Add/remove users
10. Select names from the available list or search by tying the name
11. Click Add
12. Repeat to add more users
Why use Groupings?
If you want to make an activity (such as an assignment or a quiz) visible to only one set of users within a course, you need first to put the users into a group and then put them into a grouping. A single grouping can house one group or several groups.
Here is a link to more information about groupings on the Moodle Site: